Interfor’s Covid-19 Updates -April 27, 2021
Total Reported Cases: 147,986,651(32,125,970 in United States)
Total Deaths: 3,123,358 (572,701 in United States)
Full Vaccinations Administered: 243 million, globally (28.9% of US population; 95M)
- Approximately 231 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered in the United States, according to data published by the CDC. 42.5% of adults have received at least one dose of the vaccine, and about 28.9% are fully vaccinated.
- The US will export up to 60 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine to other countries. It is currently unclear where the doses will go; however, four million doses have already been granted to Canada and Mexico.
- The CDC is expected to announce updated guidelines for fully vaccinated Americans. The Biden administration will release new “interim public health recommendations” that will provide guidelines for activities that vaccinated people can resume, including outdoor guidelines.
- The Navajo nation has vaccinated more than half of its adult population against Covid-19 according to president Johnathan Nez.
- New Jersey indoor caps for weddings, proms and performances will rise to 50% on May 10; outdoor carnivals can return to 50% capacity; outdoor gathering limits rise to 500.
- India reported 352,991 new Covid-19 cases on Monday. This represents the highest number of cases recorded in a single day anywhere in the world since the pandemic began. This is the fifth day that India has added more than 300,000 cases a day and topped the global record of new cases. As cases grow, hospitals in the capital region of Delhi have begun tweeting out SOS messages in the face of severe oxygen shortages. A number of countries have pledged to send oxygen and other medical assistance to India as the country is battling the force of a devastating second coronavirus wave, with hospitals in the capital reporting severe oxygen shortages.
- Hong Kong and Singapore are set to begin an air travel bubble on May 26. This will allow visitors to travel between the two cities on dedicated flights without the need for quarantine.
- Coronavirus restrictions have been further eased in Scotland and Wales as the vaccine rollout continues across the UK. Friends and families will now be able to gather in larger groups across both countries.
- Italy has banned travelers who were in India in the last 14 days from entering the country. Italian residents returning from India need to have a Covid-19 test both at departure and arrival in Italy and must undergo a mandatory 14-day quarantine.
- Greece lifted quarantine requirements for arrivals from seven more countries, including Russia and Australia, continuing an easing of rules for foreign visitors before a formal reopening to tourists on May 15.
- Turkey announced a country-wide full lockdown starting April 29 and ending May 17.
- A number of countries have pledged to send oxygen and other medical assistance to India as the country is battling the force of a devastating second coronavirus wave, with hospitals in the capital reporting severe oxygen shortages.
- We are not out of the woods yet.
- You can download Interfor’s return to work guidelines here.
- CDC Symptoms page
- See Interfor’s new blog post about the opportunity cost savings that can result from proper due diligence.