Interfor’s Covid-19 Updates – July 10, 2020
Latest numbers (as of 9am est):
Total Reported Cases: 12,425,340 (3,220,995 in United States)
Total Deaths: 558,180(135,838 in United States)
- More than 1,000 Transportation Security Administration (TSA) employees have tested positive for coronavirus, with six deaths.
- Arizona leads the nation with the highest seven-day average of new coronavirus cases per 100,000 for more than a month, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.
- California, Texas, and Florida each recorded their highest single day increase in Covid-19 fatalities, with 149, 105 and 120 deaths, respectively.
- New York City’s Mayor Bill de Blasio has canceled all large events across the city through September 30 to prioritize space for public use and social distancing. Events that do not conflict with “open streets” or “open restaurant” areas can still apply for a permit.
- New Mexico’s governor announced she is prohibiting indoor seating at restaurants and breweries, saying Covid-19 trends in the state are “going in the wrong direction.”
- Kentucky’s governor signed an executive order mandating face coverings in most businesses (such as retail facilities and grocery stores) and outdoors when social distancing is not possible. The order will be in effect for 30 days.
- China has suspended imports from 23 meat companies in countries including the United States, Brazil, Germany, and the United Kingdom due to coronavirus outbreaks at production facilities.
- The main hospital in Bergamo, Italy, which was at the heart of the coronavirus outbreak, had its first day without any COVID-19 patients since February 23.
- Bolivia’s interim president Jeanine Anez has tested positive for coronavirus and is currently in self isolation.
- Hong Kong confirmed 38 new coronavirus cases, as the number of confirmed locally transmitted infections in the city continues to rise. The Hong Kong government recently announced that all schools will shut down to slow the spread of the virus.
- The Australian state of Victoria reported 288 new coronavirus cases, the highest any Australian state has reported in a single day since the pandemic began.
- Mexico saw its third day of record highs in coronavirus cases over the past week, recording more than 7,000 cases in a single day.
- Lockdown and social distancing restrictions are being reimplemented around the world. Be sure to stay informed about guidelines in your area.
- Wear a mask. There is no downside and projected deaths in the United States are considerably lower if the populace wears masks, according to several studies.
WARNING: Be sure to vet ALL information and rumors.