Interfor’s Covid-19 Updates – October 23
Latest numbers (as of 9am est):
Total Reported Cases: 42,935,034 (8,664,356 in United States)
Total Deaths: 1,144,306(228,423 in United States)
- The United States registered over 73,000 new coronavirus cases in one day for the first time since July.
- 14 states have reported a record number of Covid-19 cases in the past few days.
- The FDA has approved Remdesivir, by Gilead, as a Covid-19 treatment.
- Western European countries including France, the UK, Spain, and Italy begin to impose strict mitigation measures as Covid-19 cases surge.
- Ireland reimposed a national lockdown, the first in Europe, set to last 6 weeks.
- Germany reported over 11,000 new cases for two days in a row.
- Poland is considering a border closure.
- The spread of coronavirus appears to be receding in India for the first time since the pandemic began.
- Wikipedia and the W.H.O have joined forces to combat Covid-19 misinformation.
- Wear a mask. There is no downside and projected deaths in the United States are considerably lower if the populace wears masks, according to several studies.
- You can download Interfor’s return to work guidelines here.
WARNING: Be sure to vet ALL information and rumors.
- CDC Symptoms page
- See Interfor’s new blog post about protecting your leadership and VIPs during this era.