Interfor’s Covid-19 Updates – October 30
Latest numbers (as of 9am est):
Total Reported Cases: 45,474,474 (9,216,316 in United States)
Total Deaths: 1,188,259(234,218 in United States)
- The United States reported its highest single-day record of new Covid-19 cases since the pandemic began, with 83,757 infections.
- Chicago imposed new restrictions on bars and restaurants due to a recent surge in Covid-19 cases. Starting today there will be no indoor service. Outdoor service is allowed but must end at 11 p.m.
- Oregon reported 575 new cases of Covid-19, breaking the state’s single-day record.
- United Airlines will begin offering free coronavirus tests to passengers on select routes starting November 16. United hopes the move will increase traffic and spark international cooperation to break down travel restrictions.
- Ohio recorded 3,590 new Covid-19 cases, the highest daily count since the pandemic began. According to the governor, 78% of state residents are living in a county labeled “red” for “very high exposure and spread.”
- The European Union has pledged 220 million euros ($257 million) to fund the transfer of Covid-19 patients across its borders to prevent the hospital systems in the 27-nation bloc from being overwhelmed.
- Singapore is lifting border restrictions for Mainland China and Australia’s Victoria State beginning November 6. Visitors will be required to take a Covid-19 test upon arrival.
- Greece imposed further regional lockdowns to curb the coronavirus resurgence. The cities of Thessaloniki and Larissa and the Rhodope region will enter a lockdown starting today. This brings regional lockdowns to seven.
- The Czech Republic now has the highest rate of new coronavirus infections and deaths per capita in the European Union. Parts of this case count are health care workers who are also testing positive, creating a staff shortage at hospitals that are already overwhelmed.
- France imposed a four-week lockdown starting today. People will need a certificate to move around. Non-essential businesses, restaurants and bars will be closed.
- Germany reported 18,681 new Covid-19 cases,marking a record highest single-day jump for the third day in a row. The country has implemented wide-ranging lockdown measures to slow the spread of the virus.
- Wear a mask. There is no downside and projected deaths in the United States are considerably lower if the populace wears masks, according to several studies.
- You can download Interfor’s return to work guidelines here.
- Be sure to vet ALL information and rumors.